Imagine with me that you are looking for a dentist. Fun, right? What do you tend to feel when you think about going to a dentist?
A few bad experiences ruin it for everyone sometimes. There are some amazing dentists out there that can make something typically unpleasant, very comfortable. So if you are one of those "good guys", how do you get noticed?
When Dr. Aaron Bjarnason of Children's Dentistry of Redding bought an existing practice, he came to us wanting the first impression parents (and children) get when seeing his website or looking at his logo to be just like their experience once there, in the chair...a really, really good one!
So this is where we started with him, we put words to his brand...
CHILDREN'S DENTISTRY OF REDDING
|Brand Personality:||Client Experience:|
So how do you convey that an experience with a dentist will be a "happy" one? A "comfortable" one?
How do you make a mom feel at ease and trust that you will take great care of little Jimmy before she ever talks to you?
How do you do that with colors, fonts, and pictures?
Here's how we did it...
- We used a light, soft color palette that feels comfortable and calming
- We created two fun and approachable characters
- A bear could feel aggressive, but having a bird perched on its head demonstrates that the bear is friendly
- The bird feels bright, fun, and perky, creating a lightheartedness that fits the company
- We used a clean and simple font with very round letters, which adds to the softness